DCFS Advisory Board Members
The Division of Children and Family Services Advisory Board gathers information, offers advice on policies related to services for children and families, and coordinates between DCFS and community groups.
The board’s 10 members come from diverse backgrounds and include representatives from public health, parenting and education groups, child welfare experts and those who have used or been involved with DCFS services.
- M. Gabriella Celeste, policy director of the Schubert Center for Child Studies at Case Western Reserve University.
- Beverly R. Charles, who has worked in the offices of the late U.S. Rep. Stephanie Tubbs Jones and current U.S. Rep. Marcia Fudge.
- David S. Crampton, an associate professor at Center on Urban Poverty and Community Development at CWRU who has researched issues related to children in foster care.
- Natasha Davis, experienced foster care and is now attending Cleveland State University and studying social work.
- Andrew S. Garner, a pediatrician at University Hospitals.
- Angela M. Newman-White, who works with the Cuyahoga County Board of Health coordinating and overseeing child and maternal health programs.
- Debra Rex, recently retired CEO at Beech Brook, a behavioral health agency.
- Victor A. Ruiz, executive director of Esperanza Inc. and a member of the editorial board for cleveland.com and The Plain Dealer.
- Lakecia Wild, Peer Wellness Support Staffer, The Living Miracles