The Division of Children and Family Services is made up of nearly 800 dedicated staff. DCFS has been protecting abused and neglected children in Cuyahoga County for over 100 years. Our Child Protection Specialists are highly trained and require some essential knowledge, skills and abilities to be successful.
- Building Trust
- Conflict Management
- Continuous Learning
- Cultural Competence and Inclusivity
- Client/Family Focus
- Decision Making/Problem Solving
- Facilitating Change
- Planning and Organizing
- Stress Tolerance
- Teamwork and Collaboration
- Technical/Professional Knowledge and Skills
- Work Standards
for a realistic job preview of a Child Protection Specialist.
for a list of current job postings for Cuyahoga County.
Why Work for Us?
Cuyahoga County recognizes the value of a qualified workforce in order to provide the highest level of service to the public. To meet this goal the Department of Human Resources has made it our mission to recruit, train, support, and retain the most qualified and productive staff for Cuyahoga County, while ensuring fair employment and equal opportunity to all persons.
- Eligibility for Federal Student Loan forgiveness programs
- Participation in the Ohio Public Employee Retirement System (employer contribution of 14% of gross wages)
- Medical, Prescription Drug, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Comprehensive benefits packages including Tax Deferred Savings Plans, Flexible Spending Accounts, Life Insurance and other offerings